Take a look at all the reasons why TMT is right for you:
Course Number: B7000 Course Title: Medical Billing & Coding
Hours: 120 (75 online, 45 classroom)
This 15-week long online course is designed to introduce students to the medical field and the duties and responsibilities of the Billing and Coding Specialist. The student will gain an understanding of Medical Billing and Coding for payment processing and will learn how to navigate through Coding Manuals to find important CPT and ICD-10 codes used to properly bill patients. Additionally, the privacy law (HIPAA) will be studied with regards to how it impacts the role of a Billing and Coding Specialist, particularly what can and cannot be shared outside of this legislation. Course completion will enable students to sit for the NHA national certification exam.
Program Entrance Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felonies
- Required texts/other materials: Provided
- Student must have a computer or tablet with internet access, have a basic knowledge of computers and Internet to be successful in this course.
|Books & Materials||$125|
*Additional Cost: Student must purchase current Coding Manuals (Estimated Cost: $250)
Installment payment plan available: Registration fee, book, supplies fee and background check fee due at registration. Remaining balance paid in 7 installments and must be paid in full before graduation.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Complete payment processing for physician and medical facilities.
- Pass the NHA Certification Examination to become a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS). Exam fee not included in tuition.
|Regulatory Compliance||Payment Adjudication|
|Claims Process/Knowledge of CMS-1500||Office Duties Require of Billing and Coding|
|Medical Terminology||Knowledge of Codes and Manuals|